vendredi, avril 14, 2006

Why English is superior

L.S.,

Scientific research has shown that English is quickly on its way to having more than one million words.

This is about ten (!) times more than, say, French or even Dutch. What we always suspected is now confirmed: English is simply a superior medium of communication.

P.S. The guy that did the math on this one isn't exactly universally appreciated.

7 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

L.S.,

Martin!!!

You did it again!

martinned a dit…

L.S.,

I'm not worried about the French. Atanaska is much scarier!

Martin

Anonyme a dit…

For what exactly, Mr President?

Not me, Martin! Remember the "shower scene" in Hitchcock’s Psycho? Melinda will find you wherever you go, wherever you hide!

martinned a dit…

L.S.,

I believe Melinda does not share your sensibilities vis-a-vis the French language...

Martin

Anonyme a dit…

L.S.!!!
she does!
ok?

Anonyme a dit…

I am afraid I have not properly understood the argument. Seriously.

Something french?
Showers?
Martin?
And who?

ditka-barabitka a dit…

I confirm: I do! Watch out in the shower, Martin!!! ;)