lundi, octobre 23, 2006

Austria

Hi everyone,

now it is my turn to introduce my home village and my home country.
Bruck an der Großglocknerstraße, where I live, is about 5 km south-east of Zell am See, at the start of the “Großglocknerstraße” road leading south through the “Hohe Tauern Nationalpark” with the highest mountain in Austria, the Großglockner, to bella Italia. The village of Kaprun is about 5 km to the west. The lake you can see in the picture is the “Zeller See”.

Located on the banks of the Salzach river, at the northern boundary of the Alps, is Salzburg my study town and birth town of the famous composer Mozart. The Altstadt, or "old town", is dominated by its baroque towers and many churches. This area is surrounded by two smaller mountains, the Mönchsberg and Kapuzinerberg.

Salzburg is dubbed the 'Rome of the North' because of its many churches. It is a compact town easy to get around on foot. Salzburg is packed with attractions: churches, mansions, museums. The old city offers all of those on a small surface.

Now I work in Vienna for the Foreign Ministry.
The heart and historical city of Vienna, the Innere Stadt (Inner City), was once surrounded by walls and open fields (in order to deny cover to potential attackers). The walls were razed, making it possible for the actual city to expand and eventually merge with the surrounding villages. In their place, a broad boulevard called the Ringstraße was built. Along the Ringstraße were imposing public and private buildings, monuments, and parks. These buildings include the Rathaus (town hall), the Burgtheater, the University, the Parliament, and the State Opera. It is also the location of the Hofburg, the former imperial palace.

The Hofburg Imperial Palace is a palace in Vienna, Austria, which has housed some of the most powerful people in Austrian history, including the Habsburg dynasty, rulers of the Austria- Hungarian empire, and currently serves as the official residence of the President of Austria. It was also known as the winter-residence, while Schönbrunn Palace was the preferred summer-residence.

The mainly Gothic Saint Stephen's Cathedral is located in the centre of the 1st district.
Vienna is famous for its many parks. Many of these parks include monuments, such as the Stadtpark and Belvedere Park with its baroque-style castle where the State Treaty was signed. The principal park of Vienna is the Prater, which is situated on an island formed by the Danube River and the canal. Schönbrunn, the beautiful Imperial Summer Palace, includes an 18th century park and the world's oldest zoo.

But what to hell is Chris doing now?

Chris returned to the Philippines where he tried to save the world by producing bio-rice. In the same time he was searching for someone. Someone really special who disappeard to Africa…He just heard rumors that she is living with her friends "the pigmy … " and then, in thoughtful times, he is listening to http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/a/all_4_one/i_swear.html , and he knows, wherever she will be and wherever he will be, they are never alone cause they got each other in their hearts.

So he reminds himself on the good old times. The times when the Trainees of the Council tried to make the world a better place.

Chris

4 commentaires:

Jose-Miguel a dit…

I can't believe that you say that about her and not about me... all the love I've given you... all my best years and that's what I get.

martinned a dit…

L.S.,

... right...

Martin

P.S. Is that what we were doing? Making the world a better place? I thought I was just there to reduce my coffee habit. (Just two or three shots a day. But now that I'm back here, I'm back on the IV. I just came in, and I've already got a big mug standing next to my key board. I comfort myself by saying that it's 1600, but I'm not sure if that's fair...)

http://www.lyricsstyle.com/k/kschoice/notanaddict.html

Anonyme a dit…

It so beautiful there, Chris!!!
trio in E flat, C 929, II Andante con moto
It turns out that Atanaska doesn't like her pigmy friends (they are weird! there are no mad kaws in the office :((( btw, they also have a pigmy football club, but they won't let her play).
she's not happy.
she hopes that you like your friends in Vienna (although she's very jealous :@)... and that you love her more than JM.
(miguelito, that's what you get when you prefer US to Europe and Zell am See!)

she said she missed you very much! yesterday I saw her watching a movie... the movie "don't wait! it`s a movie chris"!

martinned a dit…

L.S.,

While clearly I don't have either the artistic talent nor the inclination to make Chris an official birthday post, at the very least I'd like to wish him a happy birthday in a comment.

So:

GRATULIERE!!!!