mardi, mai 01, 2007

Pic-nic in the park

Hello my dear friends...spring arrived to Brussels (in fact we didn’t have winter). The good weather + nice park (our beloved cinquentenaire) + some “deconseillés) i.e ex-Consilium trainees 2006 = Perfect Sunday afternoon.


Last Sunday afternoon me, Janina, Zenaida, Filipe, Fiameta, Tatiana (Brussels resistants) and some other friends, meet for a pic-nic in park the cinquentanaire. It was the perfect time for a gathering of the ex-council stagiaires that are still in Brussels. Of course I’m not forgetting Luca and Milena (they did not come…next time you cannot miss it! J ). It was so nice to meet friends at the sun, around some snacks and drinks (hot after 5 minutes). In fact during the pic-nic we started to think about what people is doing around Europe…around World…and that the blog is being updated with the latest info about our lives “after the Council”.
In order to solve part of this question…here is some update about us, here in Brussels (in fact should be Filipe to do it…he is our porte-parole anyway ;) )
Well, me and Filipe we area working, in a slavery regime, to the Portuguese Permanent Representation (yep…in two months we will be on the lead of Europe’s destiny – orders for Presidency pins, badge ribbons or ties are accepted!). Janina and Fiameta are in the European Parliament, working hard (well…sometimes) for our dear MEP’s. Zenaida is working in the Andaluzia’s Regional Office, she is in charge of environmental issues…and by the way she’s my neighbour…that means a lot of Spanish food ;)…ohh Andaluzian food and Zenaida’s famous salmorejo (you have to try it…it’s so good). Tatiana is working for a consultancy…she works really hard! Luca is doing an MBA and Milena is working in Prague’s office in Brussels.
Now…that you know what people are doing in Brussels, it’s time to you to tell us what are you doing! And of course you are always welcome to visit us and to re-visit Brussels…
Hope to hear from you soon!
Ricardo

3 commentaires:

martinned a dit…

L.S.,

I'm not sure if I needed to see quite so much of Filipe, but I'm glad to see you're all doing well. I'll certainly be coming to BXL in the summer. (And no, contrary to popular belief, it isn't summer yet.)

News on my end is that I'm currently working on my first teaching assignment. It's a course on policy design. Fortunately it doesn't involve me doing any lectures. Instead, I'm trying to guide a number of work groups on their path designing an optimal policy in the field of Genetically Modified Organisms. The bad news is that most of these students are first year's, so they're generally complete tools... (Just kidding, of course.)

Alessandro a dit…

Hi Guys,

for what concerns me, as I told some of you, I'm travelling around eastern europe trying to sell prosciutto and salami!
I'll be in vilnius and tallin this week.
Atanaska, i'll be in sofia 22nd and 23rd may. Could we meet on the night of 22nd (late cause i have dinner with customers)?
Then i'll arrive in athens the night of the champions league final (but 10 minutes after the match starts, joder...)
Then weekend in Cyprus!
As you can see I've found the right job...
But I miss Brussels' life anyway and all of you (except from luca...)
keep in touch

Alessandro

Atanaska a dit…

Ricardinho, you look great ;)
of course, I miss all of you too, even luca (except, perhaps, Ditka-barabitka, I don't miss her at all :'(((
Ale, I'll be in Sofia as well on the 22nd, but as you know I'm a big meat-eater, so please bring some samples ;)
and then, you don't need to go to athens, they don't eat salami there. you can come with me to the black see coast on the 23rd, I support milan :)