jeudi, novembre 16, 2006

Franziska's email on November 15

Hi there too!

Great to hear from you Filipe! I will jump at the chance to give you all some news from my side. Don't wonder if my English is kind of strange, I have been in a completely French context here for months!

I still study at the ENA in Srasbourg, but at the moment I do a 5-month internship in a French "prefecture" in Annecy. Annecy is a really nice town in the French Alps, not far from Geneva, with a beautiful lake, postcard-like mountains and a lot of brown cows with white spots:-)

The work I do here is quite concrete, like creating an e-newsletter and organising an information day on the "service civil volontaire" (French volontary civil service). The SCV is a new youth (employment) programme, probably intended to manage the suburban riots...

What I get to know here is local politics, VERY different from EU-politics in Brussels! I miss the international atmosphere... Nonetheless this intership teaches me modesty: How immensely difficult must it be to find compromises on a European level when there are already so many different opinions+jealousies on a village level... (= for exemple between two mayors who are only 5 km from each other) !!!

I will stop my sociological reflections here. Hope you are well! I would be really glad to hear from you, so: bisous et ŕ bientôt!

Franzi

Aucun commentaire: